Potassium humate is the organic-mineral fertilizer that efficiently helps you reinforce your regular garden seeds for accelerated cultivation of healthy, chem-resistant vegetable and cereal cultures in open fields.
Using potassium humate for increasing plant fertility
Calculation of utilization rates
To correctly calculate the rate of potassium humate utilization in the fertilizer applied, it is necessary to consider the total share of nitrogen fertilizers that are used per 1 ha of land. With this indicator in mind, 1 ha would require 0.4–1 l of potassium humate (the proportion of humic acids should be 76 g/l).
The main purposes of using potassium humate
Potassium humate is commonly used for:
- Complex houseplant nutrition via organic fertilizers;
- Fast processing of plants during the vegetation season;
- Acceleration of the humus production;
- Increase of the growing stability in green planting with the high potassium content;
- Stimulation of the root system in green plantings;
- Reduction of the time needed for crop maturation.
Methods of applying potassium humate
It is really simple to use humate. The preparation of a proportional solution depends on an individual type of plant and the fitting treatment method, which can be:
The final concentration of the ready-to-use composition varies for treating plants (root and extra root treatment), soaking or spraying seeds, cuttings and the crops themselves. In order to quickly restore soil fertility, it is better to use potassium humate in liquid form (2-4 liters per 1 ha).
Benefits of potassium humate
Our humate is made from lowland peat, which has a brilliant effect on the instant rooting of seedlings, possessing a high content of phosphorus and nitrogen. Unique indicators of the effectiveness of this fertilizer (up to 30%) make all plants become much more resistant to diseases and climatic factors.
Potassium humate “Halychyna”
Joint Ukraine-Italy provider of agricultural products "Halychyna" strongly focuses on the production of liquid potassium humate and its substrates, which make a great environmentally-friendly fertilizer of high concentration, indispensable for growing crops.
We offer a flexible pricing policy. Wholesale buyers get individual discounts. We deliver orders throughout the whole of Ukraine, both on a prepaid basis and with cash on delivery.
Upon filling out the feedback form and ordering “Halychyna’s” organic fertilizer, each buyer gets a guaranteed bonus.
You can use potassium humate for:
- treatment of seed and planting material right before setting it into the soil (360-500 ml per 1 ton);
- root and extra root treatment (0.4 - 0.7 L per 1 ha);
- soil enrichment;
- plant growth boost;
- strengthening of various cultures’ immunity;
- stubble destruction (2-4 L per 1 ha);
- increase in efficiency and reduction in the amount of other fertilizers used in combination with potassium humate.
Lowland peat-based potassium humate is a real storehouse of valuable substances, containing:
- amino acids;
- vitamins C, D, E, PP, group B vitamins, and provitamin A;
- folic acid, carotenoids;
- proteins, pectins, phytohormones, mono- and polysaccharides, melanoidin.
Regular employment of potassium humate results in:
- increase in the volume of the resulting crop of up to 35% (even on soils of low fertility);
- strengthening of immunity, which ensures the resistance of crops to diseases;
- contribution to the formation of a strong, sturdy root system;
- quality improvement of the crops;
- reduction in fertilizer application (up to 35%);
- maximum digestibility by plants;
- reduced toxicity of chemicals and fertilizers.
Chemical composition of potassium humate
The chemical composition of potassium humate produced by “Halychyna” contains components unique in their value for the prosperous life of plants: nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, humic and fulvic acids pH-8-11.
Level of quality
Norm by regulatory documentation
VJ “Halychyna” potassium humate actuals
Weight content of humic acids (gram per 1 l)
No less than 20,0
Weight content of fulvic acids
No less than 10,0
Weight content of humic substances
No less than 50,0
Scheme and periods of optimal potassium humate use
In order to conduct the pretreatment of seeds, the solution is prepared at the rate of 0.5 l of potassium humate in liquid form for 10-30 l of water.
Pre-seeding treatment helps to:
- increase the productivity of plant cultures by 20-30% per 1 ha of land;
- boost the rates of seeds’ germinating ability;
- get more bushiness;
- improve the growth of productive stalks.
Treatment of plant cultures via spraying during vegetation
The solution for extra root treatment should be prepared at the rate of 0.4 l of liquid potassium humate per 200-300 l of water.
The initial treatment should be carried out during the germination period or at the end of tillering. This procedure stimulates the growth of plants, increases their density, and positively affects the potential of productive stalks.
The optimal moment for the second treatment is upon the release of plants into the tube and the beginning of the heading of cereal crops. This measure helps to form the genetic potential of the plant kind and increase the number of productive grains in the ears.
Further treatment is recommended to be carried out during the heading period or in the phase of wax ripeness - this will help you reinforce the safety of the crop, accelerate the ripening of grain, and form the volume of thousands of seeds.
Price with VAT (UAH)
5 l canister
5 l canister (20 pcs)
5 l canister (96 pcs)
20 l canister
20 l canister (5 pcs)
20 l canister (30 pcs)
Euro capacity - 1,000 l
Euro capacity - 1,000 l (3 pcs)
Euro capacity - 1,000 l (20 pcs)
Which concentrate of humate is better - dry or liquid?
Humate potassium is a natural fertilizer. Commonly, professional and amateur agronomists use potassium humate in a liquid form - it is considered the most rational method.
Liquid potassium humate
This fertilizer has a brownish, darkish color, and is made from peat by extracting its beneficial minerals. Extremely efficient and handy in action, it is used most widely. Liquid potassium humate is a concentrate that dissolves in water. In order to adjust the structure of the soil, 0.1-0.2% of the total liquid potassium volume is enough.
Powdered potassium humate
Potassium humate in powder form is used to enhance the protection from various substances and organisms that cause the destruction of cells and tissues in plant cultures, forcing development and fruit formation instead: the powder is also dissolved in water, all the required instructions are indicated on the product packaging.
Treatment with powder accelerates the liveliness of useful microorganisms that inhabit the soil, providing faster production of excellent humus. Thus, overall crop yield can be increased by 50%, while the natural ripening of fruits or berries starts to occur earlier. Soil does not lose its natural characteristics - it simply becomes more fertile and gets rid of chemical elements with metal properties.
All in all, there are diverse methods and principles of using potassium humate, which may result in various rates of efficiency.
An optimal concentrate for spraying powdered potassium humate is 3 gr. of humate per 10 l of water.
A concentrate for irrigation - 1 tablespoon of potassium humate per 10 l of water.
Where and how is potassium humate usually used in Ukraine?
Potassium humate as a growth stimulator is efficiently used to improve a variety of plant cultures:
Such crops are usually treated with fertilizer just before the sowing of the soil. Potassium humate here can be applied 2-6 times. When watering, it is recommended to dissolve 50-100 milliliters of humate in 10 liters of water, distributing it further by 10 liters per sq.m - this depends on the variety of crops. For spraying with the same mixture, 1.5 - 3 liters. per 100 sq.m should be used.
Cabbage, beets, carrots, squash are treated with the fertilizer four times per season. Potatoes need to be soaked or sprinkled before planting. Cucumbers and tomatoes should be treated 3 to 4 times.
Various greens should be treated 2-6 times per season. 3-10 liters of mixture per square meter should be used for irrigation. Potassium humate allows preserving the concentrated taste and the degree of resistance to various diseases.
One should treat seedlings, as well as all parts of trees, shrubs, perennials, and annual plants by spraying them. Introducing humate is preferable at the same time with the use of herbicides. The treatment should take place in early spring before flowering, during the nucleation of fruits and their ripening.
Interesting info! Potassium favors the accumulation of sugars in fruits and berries, making them sweeter. A prepared mixture is used to wet the seeds for a day; onions and tubers - for half this time. For watering, the same volume must be dissolved in 10 liters of water and distributed over the land at the rate of about 3-10 liters per sq.m.
Use potassium humate-based fertilizer for active growth and better flowering. Indoor plants should be treated during the period of their most vigorous growth, namely, from the beginning of spring and up until September, once every fifteen days. Potassium humate can be efficiently used in autumn as well, which is a calm period for plants when they can be fed once 1.5 months. A fitting concentrate - 5-100 milliliters of humate per liter of water, and do not forget to make sure that leaves are completely moistened. The same solution is made for watering.
Potassium humate - myths & facts
- 1. “All kinds of potassium humate are identical” - myth
The method of obtaining humic materials is similar in all cases, but the raw material itself is different. The raw material serves as an index of how many fruitful substances will be released and what bioactivity they have.
Potassium humate is produced based on:
- Peat, an essential product for the extraction of humates. It has the best proportion of fulvic acids, humic acids, and provides good bioactivity.
- Silt from ponds, which is a lower-grade material, as it has unnecessary chemical additives. The efforts in removing them dramatically increase the price of the final product.
- Brown coal - last in the list because of its inferior quality. The main composition is the ballast mass, it has low activity, and there are not enough groups of humic acids that are soluble in water, alkalis, and acids.
- 2. “Potassium humate can be used without mineral additives” - myth
This is not entirely true. In a rather non-fertile land that contains no more than one percent of humus, about 30,000 kg of humic compounds are stored in the upper layer of one hectare. A liter of fertilizer in liquid form contains 30 grams of similar compounds. This volume is calculated for spraying over 10,000 square meters. What is the difference? These 30 grams are calculated for treating 1 ha of crops! This treatment gives plant cultures rapid growth. However, the soil must be filled with organic compounds, as well as microorganisms.
In other words, expecting that the fertilizer will do immediate magic on an infertile soil is of no use. Each yield improvement method should be used in the complex.
- 3. The use of potassium humate boosts harvest” - fact
You can certainly increase yield with potassium humate, as well as reduce expenses needed to get 1,000 kg of crops. Humate potassium alone, however, will not boost the crop, it should be combined with the major agronomic techniques. Adhering to the right technology and using the complex of fertilizers, a positive result should surely be expected.
Results of employing potassium humate on major plant cultures
- Sunflower - increase in the weight content of oil in terms of dry matter by 3-5%;
- Cereals and legumes - increase in productivity and the amount of protein;
- Melons and gourds - faster ripening and improved taste;
- Vegetables - boosted ripening period, takes 10 days less time than usual;
- Grapes - increase in the yield and improved taste of wine products made from treated grapes;
- Sugar beet - increase in the content of sugars;
- Garden plants - accelerated flowering time by up to 10 days.
Ukrainian farmers’ feedback on the use of potassium humate
- Having treated planting material with the indicated solution, the percentage of seed germination and the formation of a powerful root system was greatly empowered. Also, the resistance of crops to a negative environment and all kinds of diseases certainly increased.
- Potassium humate is both fertilizer and the antistress measure for plants AND farmers. This particular type of fertilizer goes well with many common methods of plant protection.
- The positive effect on cereals after the addition of potassium humate was clearly visible in two days, the cultivated areas were treated entirely, and I watched how the solution affected the yield margin with my own eyes.